Thursday, May 26, 2016

Mother & Son




About the Book:
A new book from W Publishing Group/HarperCollins asks you to consider the all–important mother/son relationship in a new way: respect, as in the mother should respect the son

Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, author of Love and Respect – a landmark book that transformed millions of marital relationships – is launching his latest book, Mother & Son: The Respect Effect.
In Mother & Son, Dr. Eggerichs proposes that while showing love is important to a son, showing him respect is key to his heart, and what will transform the mother/son relationship. Of course, to a lot of people, that will sound backwards – shouldn’t it start with the son respecting the mother??

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed the "meat" of the book. Admittedly, some of it went over my head but I believe it's a book that all boy moms can benefit from. He has amazing insight on what makes a man tick. How God designed each of us, both male and female, specifically to be two halves of the same coin.  He explains that men are more respect driven while women are more love driven. I honestly had never considered that but as I was reading I started to think of my own two boys and their dad and I realized he was right! I'm curious to see how making a conscious effort to me more respectful in the way I communicate with them makes a difference. He also mentions respect when disciplining.  I had a little trouble understanding this concept at first but as he explained it in more detail in made sense. My mom used to tell me "I love you too much to allow you to act this way" basically with Dr.Eggerichs approach you tell your son(s) "I respect you to much to allow you to act this way".  It's mind boggling to think how much a little respect can change the whole mother/son relationship. 

I was given a copy of this book to review by flyby promotions. The thoughts expressed above are my own.  The publisher is generously giving one lucky reader of the Book Nerd Corner a copy of Mother & Son. The giveaway ends May 30 8pm CST. Please read the disclaimer below and enter using the widget. Happy Reading!  


"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.



No comments:

Post a Comment