Monday, June 20, 2016

My Mother's Quilts


My Mother's Quilts is a beautiful devotion written by Ramona Richards. It is filled with over fifty devotions that are fully illustrated. In each devotion Ramona shares a story that ties into the quilt. Each story usually involves her mother in some way. Of course, not all of them do. At the end of each devotional is a prayer starter. I really liked that it is a starter and not a fully written out prayer. They are there to help you take something that you learned from the story and turn it into a prayer to God.

The devotions are not too long, it might take up to 10 minutes to finish. The prayer time would be up to you because as I said they are prayer starters and not long drawn out prayers. The only downside that I found is the beautiful pictures make you want to quilt. If you are like me, not gifted in that area, then that can be a downer. On the plus side, you have this awesome devotional packed with beautiful pictures that you can look at anytime you want.

This is truly a beautiful devotional book, one of the most beautiful I've seen.It would make a great addition to someone's life. Who doesn't like to look at beautiful quilts?

From the back cover:
A quilt is love that serves a purpose

Inspired by thirty family heirloom quilts, each devotion depicts the enduring legacy of faith, family and tradition. Rich, personal, sometimes heartbreaking, often funny, each reading provides a lesson and encouragement from the faithful women who crafted the quilts.

Full-color photographs of each quilt show the style and artistry of each beautiful work. The quilts, sewn by several generations over more than one-hundred years, are as unique and lovely as the hands that created them. The oldest was buried during the Civil War to keep it safe and the author's mother created the newest in the last years of her life.

Quilts really are a lasting legacy. I'm honored to have some that my grandmother made before she passed away and I look forward to handing them down to my children. I love how the author took family quilts and used them as a way to share her family's faith.

You can grab a copy for yourself here: My Mother's Quilts

I received a copy of My Mother's Quilts from Flyby promotions in an exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment